We believe that having your cat neutered is an essential part of responsible cat ownership. We recommend the neutering of domestic cats from 4 months of age, but the vet will advise on each individual cat. Did you know…
- It is NOT beneficial for cats to have a litter before being spayed
- Cats and kittens will mate with brothers and sisters, parents and even their own offspring
- Cats can get pregnant when they are as young as 4 months and through to old age
- One female cat can be responsible for 20,000 descendants in just 5 years!
In the past year, we have dealt with many sad cases of unwanted cats being abandoned and kittens being dumped. Neutering will help reduce the high number of unwanted cats. Other key benefits of neutering...
Neutered female cats:
- Will benefit from not being able to get pregnant and have unwanted kittens
- Will not call and wail as unneutered females do when they come into season
- Will be less likely to contract diseases such as FIV and FeLV spread by bites
- Will not develop cancer of the ovaries and uterus
- If neutered before six months, are less likely to develop mammary cancer
Neutered male cats will be:
- Less likely to roam which reduces the risk of being run over
- Less likely to fight reducing the risk of injury
- Less likely to contract serious diseases such as FIV and FeLV
- Less likely to display territorial behaviour such as spraying
- Unable to develop tumours in the testiclesTo obtain your FREE voucher, just call 01438 228877 and leave your details to register. Your voucher will be sent to the vet of your choice. All you then need to do is call the vet to book your cat an appointment and ensure your cat is in a secure carrier when you go to the vet.For more information, get in touch!